Sunday 17 January 2021

I am not a fan of Starbucks, the insistent name on the cup thing, the long disorganized lines and waiting herd, ugh! But, that glazed lemon loaf...no one can beat it but YOU!

I have made this many times, for a quick, tart delicious treat. It is the dense, intense triple lemon injection that makes this so damn good. Lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon glaze...

Pre- heat oven to 350F.

In a large bowl, combine ALL of the following:

1 box of yellow cake mix- yesserie!!
1 package of lemon pudding- I love Sheriff's lemon pie filling
1/2 c. of canola or olive oil
4 large eggs
1 c. of sour cream or Greek yogourt
1/2 c. milk
6 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
Lemon zest- lots

Beat this batter until thick, smooth and rich. That's it! This recipe will make 2 loaf pans, 1 for now and one that I usually freeze for the next lemono craving. I suppose this could also make a 2 or even 3 layer cake, and then use your imagination for the icing...wow, I have to try that one day!

Cook the loaves for about 50 min. Let cool completely.

Lemon Glaze: simply put about 1.5 c. of icing sugar in a bowl, and then add real/fresh lemon juice until you get the desired consistency, fairly thick so it doesn't drip. I like to add zest here too for extra tartness.

This is a a real lip-smacker! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment